WORLD VISION IRELAND was established as a registered Irish charity in 1983 and currently has 18 staff located in Dublin. World Vision Ireland’s primary objective is to support our field operations, both in terms of our core long-term development programmes and humanitarian & emergency relief. We do this by raising private, institutional and Governmental funds, by informing the Irish public about humanitarian issues as witnessed first-hand by World Vision in the field, and by influencing Irish Governmental policy in the areas of long-term development and emergency relief. World Vision Ireland is a member of the World Vision International partnership, which is both the largest emergency relief and Child Sponsorship agency in the world.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a small but busy Operations Department.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Operations & Finance Director.
- Working closely with the Finance & Operations Director to plan, develop and implement business strategies
- Monthly management accounts review (prepared by accountant)
- Payroll Processing, including ROS calculations & filings (Training for new Revenue processing rules will be provided,)
- Prepare, check and review the monthly and periodical financial reports of the grants
- Ensure compliance with donor grant agreements and legal requirements of the project
- Prepare monthly and other periodical forecasts for donor and World Vision requirements
- Ensure appropriate participation in the budgeting exercise when needed
- Guide and control the detailed alignment of the budget to the resources available
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors for grant specific audits
- Ensure compliance with the accounting and auditing requirements
- Master’s Degree in Finance and/or ACCAA/CA Intermediate with at least 2 years’ experience in the management of financial and budgeting processes within a non-government organization
- Experience with grant financial reporting, cash and budget management processes.
- Strong IT skills including proficiency in Excel. Previous exposure to Sage would be an advantage
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the capacity to manage concurrent priorities and meet deadlines.
- Passion and commitment with high personal integrity and a practical, pragmatic and hardworking presence with the flexibility and mobility required for the role
- Available for short term travel to East and West African regions
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Handling sensitive and confidential information with honesty and integrity.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reporting To: Operations & Finance Director
Job Location: Rathmines, Dublin 6
Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm Monday – Thursday, 9am – 4.30pm Fridays
Salary: €52,000 - €60,000 DOE.
Start Date: ASAP
Candidates will be interviewed as they are shortlisted.
Please send your CV and cover note to IrelandHR@wveu.org
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references coupled with mandatory Garda Vetting will be undertaken.
Applicants must be authorised to work lawfully within the EU. We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer