World Vision Ireland was established as a registered Irish charity in 1983 and currently has 16 staff located in Dublin. World Vision Ireland’s primary objective is to support our field operations, both in terms of our core long-term development programmes and humanitarian & emergency relief. We do this by raising private, institutional and Governmental funds, by informing the Irish public about humanitarian issues as witnessed first-hand by World Vision in the field, and by influencing Irish Governmental policy in the areas of long-term development and emergency relief. World Vision Ireland is a member of the World Vision International partnership, which is both the largest emergency relief and Child Sponsorship agency in the world.
Dynamic team leader with proven track record in programme quality, resource acquisition and partnership development.
- The quality and effectiveness of all World Vision Ireland development and humanitarian programming.
- Leading a dedicated team of programme staff by providing vision, strategic direction, support and mentoring.
- Growth and diversification of the institutional funding portfolio, bringing on a new and diverse range of committed partners from a variety of sectors.
- Maintaining and enhancing positive relations with key donors, including ensuring full compliance and accountability for funds received.
- As part of the WV Ireland management team - contributing to ongoing strategy development and alignment and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Financial planning for programmes in collaboration with other departments.
- Integration of Programmes objectives, planning and actions with other pillars of World Vision Ireland’s work including advocacy & policy, marketing, communications and donor engagement.
- Building a strong network of partnerships - within the WV partnership and amongst peers in the development sector; promoting strong partnership approaches with other NGOs, partner offices, local CSOs, community groups etc at field level.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to engage with, motivate and support a dynamic team.
- Extensive experience in development and humanitarian work, preferably including field level experience.
- A proven commitment to excellence and best practice, ongoing learning and sharing at all levels
- Strong experience in programme design, monitoring, budgeting and financial management.
- Experience in the maternal and child health & nutrition, education, gender and protection sectors is desirable.
- A strong commitment to addressing gender inequity and child protection issues through programmes and policy is essential.
- Experience in designing and leading multi-country programmes with proven experience of successful negotiation and management of stakeholders and relevant partnerships.
- Excellent knowledge of donor funding environment and experience of collaborating with a wide range of donors and partners.
- Proven track record in developing new, lasting partnerships
- An interest and track record in research and innovation is desirable.
- A relevant technical qualification would be desirable
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills; ability to engage positively at all levels – with colleagues, representatives of government, NGO peers, partners and community members.
Additional Requirements and Experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment – flexible to the changing needs of the organisation.
- Fluency in written and verbal English – essential.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Alignment with World Visions core values and mission
- Willingness and availability to travel 15% of the time.
- Working closely and collaboratively with the wider Management Team.
- Represent World Vision Ireland where appropriate and as requested by the Chief Executive, e.g. Dóchas working groups, World Vision International meetings.
Contract Details – Please note, this is not an international posting.
Job Location: Rathmines, Dublin (with overseas travel)
Starting Date: 4th June 2018
Contract: Full-time Contract (Six months probationary period applies on initial appointment)
Hours: 9.00am-5.30pm Mon-Thurs, 9.00am- 4.30pm Friday (36.5 hours)
Salary: DOE - Will be discussed with the successful applicant
Reporting To: Chief Executive
The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
Please send your CV and cover note to IrelandHR@wveu.org
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references coupled with mandatory Garda Vetting will be undertaken. All applicants called for interview will be required to complete a Personality Profile Analysis questionnaire.
Applicants must be authorised to work lawfully in the EU. We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer