Marketing & Communications Executive
WORLD VISION IRELAND was established as a registered Irish charity in 1983 and currently has 20 staff located in Dublin. World Vision Ireland’s primary objective is to support our field operations, both in terms of our core long-term development programmes and humanitarian & emergency relief. We do this by raising private, institutional and Governmental funds, by informing the Irish public about humanitarian issues as witnessed first-hand by World Vision in the field, and by influencing Irish Governmental policy in the areas of long-term development and emergency relief. World Vision Ireland is a member of the World Vision International partnership, which is both the largest emergency relief and Child Sponsorship agency in the world.
This is the ideal role for an energetic marketer with digital experience to join an innovative organisation within the charity sector.
Roles and Responsibilities
Digital Marketing & Communication’s
- Support the management and design of all digital platforms (e.g. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, website etc.) in line with World Vision Ireland and International standards and ensure that content is always accurate and reflective of the World Vision Ireland brand.
- In collaboration with the Programmes & Advocacy and Supporter Engagement Departments, sourcing and creation of communications content, online and offline, for dissemination to various stakeholders (e.g. donors, corporate sponsors, government etc.)
- Support all internal and externally facing communications.
- Sourcing and creation of content for digital platforms (e.g. website, blogs etc.) including online advertising and print materials as required.
- In collaboration with Operations & Finance Department, ongoing monitoring of the website performance and content with one full audit per year.
- Assist in the development of an online marketing strategy that will drive traffic to the World Vision Ireland website, and social media channels, and support conversions (once off donations and regular gives).
- As required, support the creation and implementation of all fundraising and marketing campaigns with a focus on raising funds to support the work of World Vision Ireland.
- Within budgetary availability, support the planning, management and implementation of direct marketing and retention campaigns. (e.g. Christmas/Birthday bounce backs, tax, Gift Catalogue)
- In conjunction with the Communications Director and Supporter Engagement Team, support the development of a communications strategy to contribute to the retention of current supporters on the World Vision Ireland database.
- Assist in the implementation of an online strategy to promote any engagement with Ambassadors which may result in online donations.
- Monitor and present relevant data and analytics associated with internal and external marketing and communication activities.
- Track and report SEO performance and manage the implementation of changes.
- Produce reports as required to monitor traffic, on-site conversion and public engagement campaign performance.
- Monitor marketing campaign performance against targets, including ongoing suggested performance improvements.
- Provide analytics techniques and insights to help improve advocacy and public engagement campaigns.
- As required, liaising with World Vision International in the drafting of press releases.
- Participate in internal meetings and communications.
- Represent World Vision Ireland at meetings and events.
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with your skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances.
- Work closely and in collaboration with the organisation's different departments and provide relevant support as required.
- Keep up to date on sector developments in line with the responsibilities of the role.
Key Requirements – Essential
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in a similar role at executive level in the charity sector
- 3rd level qualification in Marketing/Digital Communication’s or similar.
- Candidate must be flexible to the changing needs of the role.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines.
- Experience in digital promotional campaigns.
- Excellent copy writing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in budgeting and basic financial reporting.
- In-depth experience of Adobe Creative Suite including photoshop and premier pro.
- Experience with site search, meta data, structured content and SEO. Experience with A/B testing and usability tools (e.g. Google Optimizer, Hot Jar etc.) an advantage.
- Familiarity with UX/UI design process.
- Understanding and practical experience using content management system (e.g. Drupal).
- Fluency in verbal and written English – excellent writing skills essential.
Other Requirements – These requirements are not essential but would be an advantage
- Understanding of GDPR.
- Experience writing/managing content on INGO related topics (e.g. health, nutrition, food security, child protection)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Results focussed.
- Ability to work in a facilitative, participatory and collaborative manner.
- Innovative thinker.
- Energetic and imaginative.
- Passionate about the INGO sector.
- Flexible to the changing needs of the role and organisation.
- Adherence to World Visions core values.
- Job Title: Marketing & Communications Executive
- Reporting To: Communications Director
- Job Location: Rathmines, Dublin 6 with some overseas travel
- Contract Type: Permanent, 6 Months probation (with a possibility to extend)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm Monday – Thursday, 9am – 4.30pm Fridays
- Salary: €40,000 per annum.
- Start Date: ASAP
Candidates will be interviewed as they are shortlisted.
Please send your CV and cover note to IrelandHR@wveu.org
Closing Date: 21st July 2019
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references coupled with mandatory Garda Vetting will be undertaken.
The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer