World Vision Ireland was established as a registered Irish charity in 1983 and currently has 20 staff located in Dublin and 1 based in Sierra Leone. World Vision Ireland’s primary objective is to support our field operations, both in terms of our core long-term development programmes and humanitarian & emergency relief. We do this by raising private, institutional and Governmental funds, by informing the Irish public about humanitarian issues as witnessed first-hand by World Vision in the field, and by influencing Irish Governmental policy in the areas of long-term development and emergency relief. World Vision Ireland is a member of the World Vision International partnership, which is both the largest emergency relief and Child Sponsorship agency in the world.
EBODAC Programme: World Vision Ireland, as part of a multi-partner consortium, is implementing a multiannual project called EBODAC: Ebola vaccine Deployment, Acceptance & Compliance. This project is funded by Innovative Medicines Initiative (a partnership between the European Union and the European pharmaceutical industry, represented by the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations). The overall objective of this project is to develop a communication strategy, including the development of appropriate technology and tools, in order to maximise Ebola vaccination impact in the targeted population.
Working with all consortium members, the Project Manager will coordinate the administrative management of the EBDOAC project, including bit not limited to finanical reporting, handling of project amendments, and organisation of project meetings.
- Daily management of administrative activities as requested.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial and scientific reports, ensuring adherence to donor requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of project amendments and coordinating partner inputs.
- Scheduling and coordinating regular update calls via WebEx/skype/conference call.
- Support the organising of face to face Project Meetings for the Consortium Partners and following meetings, ensure follow up on all action points are taken.
- Management of project calendar for the wider Consortium and internally for World Vision Ireland.
- Within World Vision Ireland, coordinate with relevant departments to ensure the project requirements and deadlines are being met from an administrative and budgetary perspective.
- Provide regular updates to the World Vision Ireland Programmes Director on the progress of the project.
- Support EBODAC related logistics, flight booking, visas payments etc.
- Working closely and collaboratively with the Programmes Team including in in internal planning and objective-setting processes.
- Any other duties that may be determined from time to time by the organisation commensurate with the position of Project Manager.
Key Requirements – Essential
- Third level Project Management qualification.
- Previous project management experience in a similar role.
- Effective communication skills with an ability to liaise with people at all levels with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work well independently while under pressure.
- Must be able to prioritise workload, plan and work to multiple deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Ability to multi-task with flexibility in day to day activities and working hours
- Strong MS Office Skills including Outlook.
- Ability to work in a facilitative, participatory and collaborative manner
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Alignment with World Vision’s core values and mission.
Other Requirements – These requirements are not essential but would be an advantage
- Third level qualification in International Development or related field.
- Experience within an INGO/health related sector.
- Knowledge of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
Job Location: Based in Rathmines, Dublin 6 (some overseas travel may be required)
Salary: €40,000 per annum
Contract: Full time, Fixed-term contract. (this is not an international posting)
Reporting to: Programmes Director
Starting Date: ASAP
End Date: 30th November 2020
To apply, please send a detailed CV and Cover Note to irelandHR@wveu.org
Applicants will be interviewed as they are shortlisted.
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references coupled with mandatory Garda Vetting will be undertaken.
Applicants must be authorised to work lawfully within the EU. The organisation is not able to sponsor work visas.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer