Senior Programmes Officer – Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs (Maternity Cover)
World Vision Ireland was established as a registered Irish charity in 1983 and currently has 20 staff located in Dublin. World Vision Ireland’s primary objective is to support rthe delivery of high quality development programmes and humanitarian & emergency relief programmes in line with World Vision Ireland’s Strategic Plan. We do this by raising private, institutional and Governmental funds, supporting the delivery of programmes in National Offices, by informing the Irish public about development and humanitarian issues as witnessed first-hand by World Vision in the field, and by influencing Irish Governmental policy in the areas of long-term development and emergency relief.
World Vision Ireland is a member of the World Vision International partnership, which is both the largest emergency relief and Child Sponsorship agency in the world.
The Senior Programme Officer - Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs will be focal point within the organisation for an assigned portfolio, liaising with all departments in relation to the management and delivery of this portfolio. The Senior Programme Officer - Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs will support the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of World Vision Ireland’s Irish Aid funded Humanitarian Programme Plan and support components of World Vision Ireland’s ebola response.
- Support the development and implementation of annual work plans and associated budgets in conjunction with the Field Offices and for HQ activities liaising closely with Finance Department
- Provide day-to-day support to the implementing teams – answering technical questions, providing guidance and feedback on approaches, procurement advice and approval etc.
- Carry out field monitoring visits to Field Offices and programme sites (develop ToRs, Pre-reads, undertake field visit, provide report, follow up on report)
- Ensure that all programme and financial reports are submitted by the Field Office Programme Teams in line with reporting schedules and/or agreed deadlines
- Review and process financial requests from the National Offices ensuring timely transfer of funds to the field
- Regularly assess progress by reviewing the quarterly reports submitted by the programme countries. Ensure that the reports meet reporting standards and templates. Provide feedback to ensure that the programme is on track to meeting its planned results
- Coordinate the inputs for donor reports as required – including providing guidance in drafting reports, feedback and follow up with National Offices and drafting or inputting to drafting of donor reports
- Working closely with the Grants Officer and/or Fundraising department support the development and drafting of concept notes and proposals for submission to donors
- Support and provide inputs to supporter engagement and communications colleagues in the development of online content, external communications assets and marketing products including among others technical inputs. case studies from the field and programme updates
Skills and Personal Qualities
- 3rd Level qualification in International Development or similar.
- Experience of working in a development and/or humanitarian context
- Alignment with World Vision’s core values and mission
- Good communication skills with an ability to liaise with people at all levels – government partners, donors, communities and staff with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work in a facilitative, participatory and collaborative manner
- Ability to work with budgets, results-based frameworks/logframes and baseline surveys
- Work as a member of a team
- Ability to multi-task with flexibility in day to day activities and working hours
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time
The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
- Job Location: Rathmines, Dublin (with overseas travel)
- Starting Date: Mid-August 2019
- End Date: April 2020
- Contract Type: Fixed Term - Maternity Cover
- Hours: 9.00am-5.30pm Mon-Thurs, 9.00am- 4.30pm Friday (36.5 hours)
- Salary: DOE
- Reporting To: Programmes Director
Candidates will be interviewed as they are shortlisted.
Please send your CV and cover note to IrelandHR@wveu.org
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references coupled with mandatory Garda Vetting will be undertaken.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer