Donor Retention Executive
WORLD VISION IRELAND was established as a registered Irish charity in 1983 and is currently located in Dublin. World Vision Ireland’s primary objective is to support our field operations, both in terms of our core long-term development programmes and humanitarian & emergency relief. We do this by raising private, institutional and Governmental funds, by informing the Irish public about humanitarian issues as witnessed first-hand by World Vision in the field, and by influencing Irish Governmental policy in the areas of long-term development and emergency relief. World Vision Ireland is a member of the World Vision International partnership, which is both the largest emergency relief and Child Sponsorship agency in the world.
Enhancing the relationship between World Vision and WV child sponsors and donors to increase sponsor and donor retention rates.
This role reports directly to the Fundraising Director managing the Sponsor/Donor Engagement schedules.
- The Donor Retention Executive will work with the wider team to devise and implement best practice systems across all donor touch points
- Support the delivery of an annual calendar of supporter engagement events and activities
- Undertake supporter donation administration and reconciliation processes to achieve KPIs for turnaround in donor acknowledgement and monthly reporting across all giving platforms
- Assist with in-bound communications and donations, ensuring accurate recording and systems entry into the World Vision CRM
- Making initial Welcome calls an obtaining supporter communication opt-in
- Ensure the delivery of accurate data input to our CRM system (SIMMA) to facilitate record keeping and relationship development which will include regular data cleansing checks
- You will be the first point of contact for our donors, supporters and suppliers
- Identify trends of donor communications and plan approaches to systemize, automate or manage responses
- The Donor Retention Executive will support the production of letters, packs and key information to all supporters
- Answering phone and greeting visitors
- Ad hoc sponsor queries and requests
- Processing of daily post
- Responding to marketing campaigns and emergency appeals as necessary, including Birthday and Christmas Card mailouts, tax back campaign etc.
- Processing and review child photos and videos as needed
- Review and provide feedback to global partners for marketing material
- Liaise with field office ensuring supporter queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Participate in meetings (including virtual meetings) as necessary
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and Word, experience of database preferable but not essential
- Warm and enthusiastic phone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Availability to attend events out of hours if required
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Other Requirements – These requirements are not essential but would be an advantage
- Understanding of data protection regulations
- Experience writing/managing content for donor communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Results focussed
- Ability to work in a facilitative, participatory and collaborative manner
- Passionate about the INGO sector
- Flexible to the changing needs of the role and organisation
- Adherence to World Visions core values
- Job Title: Donor Retention Executive
- Reporting To: Fundraising Director
- Job Location: Rathmines, Dublin 6
- Contract Type: Permanent, 6 Months probation (with a possibility to extend)
- Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm Monday – Thursday, 9am – 4.30pm Fridays
- Salary: €30,000 per annum
- Start Date: January 2020
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Thursday 19th December 2019.
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references coupled with mandatory Garda Vetting will be undertaken.
The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer