The Grants Officer will lead the grant acquisition for World Vision Ireland and support the Programmes Director and Fundraising Director strategizing the donor engagement and fundraising planning.
Reporting to the Programmes Director, the Grants Officer will work in a highly collaborative manner with members of the Programme Team, Operations and Finance, Fundraising and National Offices to increase World Vision Ireland’s grant portfolio.
- Identify new sources of income from government agencies, multilateral and bilateral institutions, and major foundations
- Conduct prospect research and develop strategic approaches to cultivate new donors and funding opportunities for World Vision Ireland
- Working closely with relevant colleagues, lead the development of high-quality proposals and technical writing for award opportunities from government agencies, multilateral and bilateral institutions, and major foundations
- Lead the entire grant proposal process, including conceptualization, performing research, producing compelling content, making revisions, submission and follow-ups.
- As requested by Programmes Director support the management of World Vision Ireland’s funder and donor relationships, including working with the Programmes Team to produce high quality donor reports and communicating with donors where necessary
- Assist in donor engagement activities, such as occasional event planning and related tasks as needed
- Working closely and collaboratively with the Programmes Team including in in internal planning and objective-setting processes
- Any other duties that may be determined from time to time by the organisation commensurate with the position of Grants Officer
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development or related filed
- Alignment with World Vision’s core values and mission
- Previous working in an NGO/INGO and grant acquisition and/or grant management
- Proven ability to identify and acquire new business opportunities and build successful partnerships
- Knowledge of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors
- Good communication skills with an ability to liaise with people at all levels – government partners, donors, communities and staff with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to prioritise workload, plan and work to multiple deadlines in a demanding environment
- Ability to multi-task with flexibility in day to day activities and working hours
- Project management experience;
- Strong MS Office Skills including Outlook
- Ability to work in a facilitative, participatory and collaborative manner
- Excellent written and presentation skills including in proposal writing
The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
Job Location: Based in Rathmines, Dublin 6 (some overseas travel may be required)
Salary: €35,000 - €39,000
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be appointed on the 1st point of the scale.
Contract: Full time, 1 Year Fixed Term Contract. (this is not an international posting)
Reporting to: Programmes Director
Starting Date: ASAP
Applicants will be interviewed as they are shortlisted.
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references coupled with mandatory Garda Vetting will be undertaken.
Applicants must be authorised to work lawfully within the EU. The organisation is not in a position to sponsor work visas.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer