Europe in the World: Engaging in the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda
About World Vision
World Vision Ireland is a child-focussed overseas aid agency. We have been active in Ireland since 1983 and are part of World Vision International, the largest privately funded NGO in the world. World Vision provides short and long-term assistance to 100 million people worldwide and has over 40,000 staff members working in 100 countries. For six decades, World Vision has been engaging people to work towards eliminating poverty and its causes. World Vision is committed to the poor. We work with people of all cultures, faiths and genders to achieve transformation. We do this through relief and development, policy advocacy and change, collaboration and emphasis on social justice.
Development Education and Awareness Raising (DEAR) programme: Europe in the World: Engaging in the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda
The Overall objective of this EU funded project is to promote an ambitious implementation of Agenda 2030. We work with key partners to substantially increase understanding of Agenda 2030 amongst EU Citizens and policy makers, making them aware of their roles and responsibilities in working together for a sustainable future.
World Vision Ireland is an implementing partner of the Development Education and Awareness Raising (DEAR) programme called “Europe in the World: Engaging in the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda”, funded by the European Union. In Ireland, along with World Vision, this programme is being implemented by the Irish Environmental Network and is supported by ECO-UNESCO and Social Justice Ireland.
The three main themes of this project are Human Development and Inequalities, Sustainable Food and Agriculture, and Sustainable Consumption and Production with the cross-cutting themes of Gender Equality, Migration and Climate Change.
The DEAR Assistant, as a member of the Communications Team, will support the implementation of the DEAR project. They will work with our key partners to raise awareness of Agenda 2030 through public campaigns and policy promotion. The ideal candidate will have a good work ethic, great interpersonal skills and be an excellent multi-tasker.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with co-lead DEAR programme partners in Ireland and with contractors to deliver the goals and outcomes of this project.
- Collaborate closely with other NGOs in Ireland and coalitions to fulfil the goals and outcomes of the project.
- Organise one annual conference per year on a specific theme (April 2020) as well as organise and implement follow up trainings and webinars.
- Organise and present at face to face events with schools, universities and academia around SDG themes through screenings, talks, and workshops activities locally and nationally.
- Provide project related content for social media
- Publicly represent World Vision at DEAR related events.
- Document, report, monitor and evaluate the project on an on-going basis
Skills and Experience Requirements
- 3rd Level qualification in relevant field.
- Minimum 1-year Administration Experience is essential.
- Minimum 1-year work experience in charity sector would be advantageous; INGO experience not essential but an advantage.
- Knowledge and keen interest of sustainable development policies, and the SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals).
- Stakeholder management experience an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills.
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- Alignment with World Vision’s core values and mission.
- Ability to work in a facilitative, participatory and collaborative manner.
- Must be able to prioritise workload, plan and work to multiple deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Ability to multi-task with flexibility in day to day activities and working hours.
- Participate in relevant internal and external meetings
- Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with your skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances.
- Job Location: Rathmines, Dublin (with some travel)
- Starting Date: Immediate
- Contract Type: 7 Months Maternity Cover
- Hours: 9.00am-1.00pm Mon-Friday (20 hours per week)
- Salary: €32,000 per annum pro rata
- Reporting To: Programmes Director
Please send your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. [Please note the role DEAR Administration in the subject line of email]
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references will be undertaken.
Applicants must be authorized to work lawfully within the EU. We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
This job advertisement is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job advertisement is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or that may be required to do either now or in the future.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer