Happy Mother's Day
A message from the World Vision Ireland family to you
A Mother's Love Knows no Boundaries
This Mother’s Day join us as we spread the joy of some incredible mums and babies impacted by you; the people of Ireland. Thank you!
The Good News
More mothers and newborns are surviving every year!
Since 1990, 44% more women survive pregnancy and 55% more children survive to five.
You are part of the reason behind this good news. Thank you.
In 2015, approximately 830 women and 7,000 newborns died every day from complications during pregnancy and child-birth.
99% of these deaths occurred in developing countries.
The solution is you! As an Irish taxpayer, you have impacted the lives of many mothers and babies across Africa through our Irish Aid-funded child and maternal health programme, AIM Health Plus.
Your impact is only going to grow as the Irish government has pledged in this year's A Better World policy to expand overseas development assistance by €110 million! Health and gender equality are a priority and we are so thankful to be a part of Ireland's international legacy.
"We believe that the focus in this new policy will help create that better world which we want for ourselves and our children..." - An Tánaiste, Simon Coveney, TD.
AIM Health Plus
We train Community Health Workers in Tanzania, Uganda, Mauritania and Sierra Leone to support pregnant and new mums by:
- Visiting mums in their homes with guidance and advice at critical times
- Supporting pregnant and new mums to attend their check-ups and register with a clinic
- Advising mums on how to maintain a nutritious diet for both themselves and their babies
- Encouraging and supporting immunisation
- Helping husbands and extended family to play their role in ensuring both mum and baby are as safe and healthy as possible