World Vision’s education and life skills programmes are adapted to meet local needs. They can include early childhood learning, functional literacy, school based education or essential life skills.
We work with parents, teachers, community members and local partners to ensure that:
- Teachers know how to make learning effective and fun
- Parents are equipped to help their children learn in the home
- Community volunteers are trained to host after-school activities
- Whole communities get the opportunity to create learning materials for children that reflect their traditions, values and language
Parents and communities are engaged in the management of schools, and are equipped to advocate for improved education services
We believe that all children have the right to be educated for life.
- Children can read, write and use numeracy skills
- Children access and complete basic education
- Children make good judgements, can protect themselves, manage emotions and communicate ideas
- Adolescents are ready for economic opportunity